Techstars Seattle Accelerator Unveils Class of 2019
Program seeks to propel the growth of a diverse group of venture-backed startups
March 4, 2019
In 2010 we welcomed our first group of 10 companies to the Techstars Seattle Accelerator. This year, were opening our doors to our tenth class, bringing us to a total of 100 companies that have now joined us here in Seattle to accelerate their startup journey.
Were proud to have played a small part in the success of previous program participants like Remitly, Outreach, Skilljar, and Bizible. Collectively, Techstars Seattle Accelerator alumni have raised over $700 million, and now employ thousands of talented people here in the Pacific Northwest and around the world. We fully expect this years group to add to that tradition of success and impact in the years to come.
As in recent years, this years class includes founders from a variety of backgrounds and underrepresented groups including female, African-American, Latinx and first-generation immigrant founders. We are proud of our programs diversity and the small role were able to to play in the broader effort to increase access and success for diverse founders of venture-backed startups.
Our mission is to support world-class founders who are either based here in the Pacific Northwest, or who believe this is the best place in the world to build their company. This year weve attracted fantastic founding teams from Miami, Texas, Europe, Canada and India, in addition to our terrific local teams.
Techstars Seattle Accelerator would not have made it to its second class, much less its tenth, without the incredible support of so many people in our regional ecosystem, from the mentors and investors who coach the companies on their path to success to the fund investors and program sponsors who have provided the capital needed to sustain the program over time. We are so grateful for your continued support and partnership over these past many years.
Well be sharing more about each of these companies in the weeks leading up to demo day on May 7, but for now please join us in welcoming the Techstars Seattle Class of 2019!
- AdaptiLab: Interactive, customized machine-learning training for industry engineers.
- Automaton: Testing automation for complex SaaS tech stacks, made simple.
- DataChain: Identity and consumer intelligence for Asia-Pacific, built on blockchain.
- Kristalic: Augmenting the human brain with always-on personal assistants.
- Level: Transforming access to credit and savings for the underbanked.
- Logixboard: Customer experience platform for the $1 trillion freight-forwarding industry.
- Nodesmith: Access to the decentralized future.
- Rammer.ai: Adding real-time intelligence to online communications.
- The Tribl Network: Meeting familiar strangers.
- Toggl AR: The YouTube of AR content.
Chris DeVore Chris DeVore is Managing Director of Techstars Seattle Accelerator, the Pacific Northwests most selective startup accelerator, and also co-founder and managing partner of Founders Co-op, the regions leading seed-stage venture capital fund. An active angel investor for over a decade, Chris has invested in dozens of early-stage software companies, including many Techstars graduates. @crashdev