Co-Working Space Provider WeWork Unveils Newest Seattle-Area Location
The New York-based real estate company and provider of shared workspaces also announced plans to open three more area locations
December 9, 2019By Seattle Business Magazine
WeWork, a global provider of collaborative workspaces, is unveiling its 18th location in the greater Seattle area as part of a record 52 building openings worldwide in December, with three more sites in the Puget Sound region slated to open in the near future.
The newest location is a 76,527-square-foot space in Seattles historic Ballard neighborhood at 1448 N.W. Market. St. Additional WeWork locations are slated to open in Seattle in 2020 in the citys Capitol Hill neighborhood, at 1525 11th Ave; and at Roosevelt Commons East, 4311 11th Ave. N.E. near the University of Washington campus A fifth location is planned in Bellevue as well, at 110 110th Ave. N.E.
With WeWorks opening in Ballard, weve created a constellation of flexible workspaces for companies of all sizes from here to as far south as King Street Station, and east into Bellevue, says Gina Phillips, WeWork general manager for the Northwest. Were empowering Seattleites to work closer to home, enabling the city to reduce traffic as people swap a gridlocked drive for a convenient walk, and helping individuals spend less time commuting and more time doing what they love with the ones they love.
WeWork, which describes itself as the worlds leading co-working and space-as-a-service platform, now has 625 locations in some 127 cities and 33 countries and 609,000 members globally, representing enterprises across multiple industries. The newest location in Ballard is spread across two floors and features 1,508 desks and is located above a Target store, the Polyclinic and Equal Exchange Coffee.
Following is a list of WeWork locations, or planned locations, in the Puget Sound region:
1. 500 Yale Ave N // South Lake Union (500 Yale Ave. N., Seattle, WA 98109).
2. Holyoke Building (107 Spring St., Seattle, WA 98104).
3. Westlake Tower (1601 5th Ave., Seattle, WA 98101).
4. Lincoln Square (10400 N.E. 4th St., Bellevue, WA 98004).
5. Denny Triangle (1099 Stewart St, Seattle, WA 98101).
6. 1411 4th Ave. (1411 4th Ave., Seattle, WA 98101).
7. 925 4th Ave. (925 4th Ave., Seattle, WA 98104).
8. 1600 7th Ave. (1600 7th Ave., Seattle, WA 98101).
9. Bellevue Place (800 Bellevue Way N.E., Bellevue, WA 98004).
10. 920 5th Ave. (920 5th Ave., Seattle, WA 98104).
11. 1730 Minor Ave. (1730 Minor Ave., Seattle. WA 98101).
12. Hawk Tower (255 S King St, Ste. 800, Seattle, WA 98104).
13. 501 Eastlake Ave. E (501 Eastlake Ave. E., Seattle, WA 98109).
14. Summit II (10885 Northeast 4th St., Bellevue, WA 98004).
15. 1201 3rd Ave. (1201 3rd Ave 1201 3rd Ave., Seattle, WA 98101).
16. Viewpoint (2401 Elliott Ave., Seattle, WA 98121).
17. Sunset North (3120 139th Ave., S.E, Bellevue, WA 980).
18. 1448 NW Market St // Ballard (1448 N.W. Market St., Seattle, WA 98107).
1. 1525 11th Ave., Capitol Hill (1525 11th Ave., Seattle, WA 98102).
2. 110 Atrium (110 110th Ave., N.E., Bellevue, WA 98004).
3. Roosevelt Commons East (4311 11th Ave. N.E., Seattle, WA 98105).