Congratulations to the honorees in Seattle Business magazine’s sixth celebration of outstanding achievement in the C-suite. The Executive Excellence Awards recognize leaders for exemplary performance in the day-to-day operation of complex corporate ecosystems as well as in the larger context of providing a moral compass to the people whose lives they influence directly and indirectly.
This year's Lifetime Achievement award-winner is Howard Behar, who helped lead Starbucks from 28 stores to more than 15,000 on five continents.
Learn about Behar and this year’s 14 honorees through the links below.
Lifetime Achievement Award: Howard Behar, Starbucks
Executive Excellence Awards:
Seattle Business recruited these individuals to evaluate nominees for the 2018 Executive Excellence awards and to determine this year’s honorees.
- Bruce Brooks, senior vice president and general counsel, Craft3
- Jon Fine, president and CEO, United Way of King County
- Jim Jiambalvo, dean, Michael G. Foster School of Business, University of Washington
- Stewart Landefeld, partner, Perkins Coie
- Jan Levy, former executive director, Leadership Tomorrow
- Stanley B. McCammon, president and CEO, Joshua Green Corporation
- John Meisenbach, founder and chairman, MCM
- Joseph M. Phillips, dean, Albers School of Business and Economics, Seattle University
- Roy Whitehead, executive chairman of the board, Washington Federal