Alaska Airlines is expanding daily, nonstop service through its California hubs by adding eight new routes starting in early January as well as expanding its existing daily flight service out of San Francisco and San Diego, airline officials announced.
The airline says the new flights are expected to appeal to leisure and business travelers alike. Most of the new flights will make use of the Embraer 175 jet, which offers only window and aisle seating ― so passengers avoid the middle-seat squeeze.
“We're excited to offer even more nonstops between vibrant Pacific Northwest communities and our growing hubs in California,” says Brett Catlin, Alaska Airlines managing director of capacity planning and alliances. “Whether it’s travel for a weekend getaway to Missoula or a day trip to San Francisco, we’re proud to offer nearly 600 daily flights between West Coast cities.”
The eight new daily, nonstop Alaska Airlines flights start service early next year and will link the following destinations:
- * Spokane to Los Angeles (two daily departures).
- * Spokane to San Francisco (two daily departures).
- * Redmond/Bend, Oregon, to Los Angeles.
- * Redmond/Bend, Oregon, to San Diego.
- * Redmond/Bend, Oregon, to San Francisco.
- * Boise, Idaho, to Los Angeles (two daily departures).
- * Missoula, Montana, to Los Angeles.
- * Anchorage, Alaska, to San Francisco.
The routes that will be increased in frequency are as follows:
- * Beginning Jan. 7: An additional flight between San Francisco and Orange County, California, for a total of seven daily nonstop flights.
- * Beginning March 19: A second daily flight between San Francisco and Chicago O’Hare.
- * Beginning Jan. 7: The San Diego and Orlando flight, now flown five times a week, will become a daily nonstop service.
- * As of March 19: One additional daily flight between San Diego and Boise as well as San Diego and Santa Rosa, California.
- * Also, on March 19: Service between San Diego and San Jose, California, increases from four to six flights daily.
- * On May 21: A second daily flight will be added between San Diego and Boston.